Tuesday, June 18, 2013

the journey continunes-- warning: this post is looonnnggg

Hey y'all.

Sorry it's been well over a year since my last post, I suppose life has gotten in the way-- okay, not really, it was more like I thought I was blogging more the the masses and less for me. Boy was I wrong! And yes, it took Molly (you know-- Make it Work Molly, check out her blog here) calling me out on Twitter to bring me back to reality.

So, here I sit well after my bedtime (especially with conference call promptly at 8 am) catching you all up on my life since June 4, 2012.

To answer Molly's main question: yes, I am still with Chandler-- and what a wonderful blessing he has turned out to be in my life! [I have never loved to argue with someone as much as I do him :)]. more on him later.

As I stated last year I made a move to the [big] city of Macon-- which, as it turns out, isn't so big after all. I began my position as Assistant Boutique Manager about a week after my last blog post and immediately fell in love. It was so much fun. I loved getting to meet all the people in Macon and really work in a smaller setting than my last job. I had more responsibility, but hey-- it comes with the territory. I made it through back to school time (yep, Georgia did tax free again last year!) and the holiday season....to make a super long story short, at the end of April 2013 I was promoted to Boutique Manger! It is such an exciting time. I'm blessed to be in charge of an amazing group of girls and watch them grow as stylists! Although my new position is a lot more challenging, it is also a lot more rewarding! It is something I never would have been ready for if I had never met Chandler and he never said "I got a job at FPD" and moved us to Macon!

Yep, Chandler, Kimber, and Murphy are all still a part of my life! And a major part at that. Chandler has finished up his first year at FPD and is getting ready to begin a new one in August 2013. I just love reading his tweets and getting to go to the sporting events with him. I especially love when I can listen to him broadcast a game live-- that boy sure is talented ;)

I've also found that I love running-- like I really love running. It's something I try to do several times a week! There's just something about being out there with my feet hitting the pavement and my sweet pup (and the best running buddy around!) leading the way that is indescribable.  I try to just forget what's going on at work and focus on me for a little while (sounds silly, right?). 5K's are a lot of fun, too. I plan to run more as the year goes on and maybe even compete in a half marathon (that's 13.1 miles for all you non-runners out there ;) ) within the next year. Dream big, right?!

I could not be more happy with the way my life is going and the people who are a part of it right now. It may have taken Molly reminding me that I blog for me and not for you to bring me back, but I'll try to do this regularly from now on!

until next time,

--b

1 comment:

  1. Brittney, I'm glad everything's going so well for you and you're still loving Macon. CONGRATS on your promotion!!!! 13.1 miles isn't thaaaaaat bad, you can do it! If you and Chandler are up in the Atlanta area, let me know -- Byron and I would love to see you :)

    ReplyDelete