Monday, October 31, 2011

Annnnnd we're back!!!

My how quickly things change. In my last blog post, (June 20) over four months ago, I was still in a relationship with Kyle and thinking about how wonderfully things were going. Fast forward ten days and the rose-colored glasses were ripped right off my face. We broke up the night I arrived home after spending a fabulous few days in Fitzgerald with my family. Although I can remember it like it happened yesterday I'm a much stronger person today because of it. Since then I have gotten a new job as sales associate at Maurices which I'm completely in love with. I've started grad school and realized my calling is to work with children as a physical education teacher; however just not middle schoolers. I have met an absolutely wonderful man who treats me the way I deserve to be treated, and everything seems to be falling into place.

I love my job. Each time I step through the door I drop the worries of the day and focus on my customers. It's so wonderful to connect with them and hear their stories and share my own. I love to shop so it's a blessing to be able to help others do something I love doing (and spend their money, not mine!). I also have a wonderful team to work with who have taught me so much about the company! I'm so blessed to work with girls who are also passionate about what they do!

I'm in love with my cohort! There are 9 of us in my cohort, and I love every single one of them! I really enjoy getting to sit in class with them and hear about their day at school and compare it to mine. They always have tips and encouragement as well, I couldn't ask for anything better!!

Now, about this boy....

It all started last fall when we had a Rhetoric class together. He sat behind me and we quickly became friends; however, we only talked during class. I assumed he had a girlfriend and was in some wonderful fairytale relationship. We also formed a wolf-pack with Grace and Kevin and stuck together during class discussions and had each others back when one of us skipped....uh, I mean, missed class. I didn't know much about him other than I thought he was cute and would NEVER be interested in me. Plus, I had a boyfriend and things were perfect with us (ha-ha-ha). Oh, and by the way, his name is Chandler. Fast-forward a year. My best friend Kaytie who moved away after graduation was back in town for the weekend and we were all meeting for dinner. As soon as I found out he was coming to dinner I texted her something about how cute he was and she replied with how cute we would be together. I thought nothing of it until we were getting ready to leave dinner. Everyone was coming to my house to hang out and I really wanted him to come too. Finally, after much persuasion, he decided to come over, and I'm so glad he did! We had a chance that evening to actually talk and get to know each other better and I was definitely interested!! At one point while we were downtown I broke away from the group for a bit and when I returned Kaytie ran up to me and said "Chandler wants to take you on a date!", which made me laugh because it reminded me of middle school. :] The next day we had lunch with everyone again, and I could tell he was interested too. He texted me that weekend while I was in Athens for my best friends birthday then took me to dinner that Sunday night. It was amazing. He always has an encouraging word for me when I'm having a bad day and can always make me laugh.

This past weekend we took a short vacation to Hilton Head Island, SC where we did nothing but relax with our sweet puppies for three days. Friday morning we took them down to the beach to play. It was so funny to watch them run away from the waves!! At one point I stopped to look at something in the sand and Chandler and Murphy ran ahead. After a few minutes Kimber and I ran to catch up and when I got there I saw he'd written "will you be my girlfriend?" in the sand. It was the sweetest thing. I couldn't stop smiling and of course I said yes!!! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment