Thursday, March 31, 2011

So why blogging?

I decided to start blogging as a way to express my feelings at the way things are currently going. Let me catch you up....

In January I began my 480 hour internship for the semester--not paid. I'm loving every minute of it, but it still sucks that there is no income from it. Rite Aid is continuing to cut hours, so I don't have very many on each paycheck, which does not help my bank account. I also cannot work as much as I would like due to my internship.

Kyle and I also have a dog, Kimber, who has destroyed almost $1000 worth of our things since we adopted her last June. At first it was just magazines and newspapers, but the last couple of times she's destroyed the living room it's been pricier items. Last night she got my laptop. She chewed on the corner and cracked the screen. I'm still mad at her. She also got a hold of Kyle's nice speaker cables he had. She's also broken two lamps and chewed through three laptop chargers. She's now being crate-trained.

Last week was spring break for GCSU. Notice I said GCSU, not me. Since I'm an intern I'm on the schedule at the 4-H office, so I did not get a spring break. I also had a sinus infection all week thanks to the killer pollen levels and woke up Friday morning with double pink-eye. Fantastic.

Back in February I applied for my first full-time job out of college, or my "big girl job" as I have began to call it. The job was for a County Extension Program Assistant in Columbus, GA. When I called a week later to follow-up on my application I was told that they were "making calls". Two weeks later I decided I could not wait around for a job and decided that going back to school was the best option. I was e-mailed earlier this week that the position had been filled. Bummer.

It's also been raining non-stop all week. On my walk back to my car from class today I happened to look up at how beautiful and green the trees were against the dark sky and I realized that my life is not as awful as I thought last night. Things could be worse, and right now God is just humbling me. Everything the dog has torn up is replaceable and things could always be worse. I have food to eat, a job and I'm graduating in May and getting ready to begin my graduate work. I really have nothing to complain about. I know sometimes it seems as though things are falling apart, but I have to keep in mind that God is in control and he has a plan; even if I can't always figure out exactly what it is at the time.

Currently this is the verse that I'm keeping in mind as I "grow up":

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28 


I'm learning to adapt and take things as they come and that getting upset does not change anything. I'll keep you updated on how this goes :]

No comments:

Post a Comment