It's been storming a lot lately, and, if you know me, you know I'm terrified of storms. However, I'm learning to appreciate them. When Monday's storm passed through around 2 a.m. I had just arrived downtown to pick my boyfriend and his friend up after a night out. No sooner had I told them to let's go then the storm began. Now, keep in mind I'm in Amici in Milledgeville when this happens. They have giant floor to ceiling windows, so I have a front row seat for the entire thing. About 5 minutes after the storm begins the lights go out. This was definitely a new experience. However, with the lights out and the rain coming down sideways, I noticed how powerful storms are and how it really is a metaphor for life. This is definitely relevant to my life right now with everything that seems to be going wrong. As I was researching for a Bible verse about the storms of life I was reminded of the Matt Redmon song "You Never Let Go"; more specifically the part that reads:
And even when I'm caught in the storms of this life
I won't turn back
I know You are near.
-- Matt Redmon
This is something else I am working to keep in mind. After the terrible storm that occurred in the early-morning hours on Monday I've noticed only beauty. The sky seems more blue and everything has began to bloom. I am learning to appreciate what life has to offer and live in the moment. As graduation approaches (in 30 days!) I am working to enjoy every last moment of my undergraduate career, despite what the storms of life hold for me. He knows the plan, thank goodness.
--b
No comments:
Post a Comment