This past Saturday Kyle and I celebrated our one year anniversary. All last week I wanted to know what, if anything, we were doing; finally I wore him down to telling me he had a plan. I was told later in the week that plan fell through, but he wouldn't tell me what it was because I would be mad.
So, instead, we went with our friends Casper and Alyssa to the Liberty Antique Tractor Pull. I joke that he bought me McDonald's and a t-shirt for our one year, but I had no idea what was to come. Surprisingly I had a great time at the tractor pull and really want to go to the next one. We talked about doing a cook out Sunday night since I was off and he would be off early. If I haven't mentioned already he's a wonderful cook!
He called me Sunday when he left work and told me he didn't feel like cooking. Immediately I asked what we were doing instead, I was hungry! I suggested the Golden Coral (or the Den Ral, it's actually pretty good!) but he said no. When he got home he told me that he had plans, and then said that I needed to be ready to go dressed nice by 6:30. All he would tell me was I needed to wear a dress. I got ready and he came to pick me up. He looked so handsome, but he still wouldn't tell me where we were going.
After about 45 minutes we ended up at Linger Longer at the Ritz Carlton in Greensboro, GA. It burned about a year ago and has just recently reopened. I had no idea we were going there. When we arrived the hostess already knew we were celebrating our anniversary, actually everyone did. My favorite was the waitress who told us "congratulations". Anyway, I digress. We were seated and our waiter came over and asked if we wanted drinks, after ordering he came back and told us Oliver had wine for us. He had a 2004 bottle of Syrah, the best red wine I've ever had. We were then brought an appetizer of scallops over creamed corn.It was all so good. Kyle ordered the lamb with steamed asparagus and I had the fillet mignon with a loaded baked potato. All evening our waiter told us to save room for dessert, but I had no idea the chocolate souffle would be so wonderful. When our waiter brought the check he also brought us homemade cotton candy! It was delicious!
After dinner we went to the hotel to take a walk around. It is a beautiful place!
It was the most amazing one year date night I've ever had. I'm blessed to have such a wonderful boyfriend!
No comments:
Post a Comment