Friday, April 29, 2011

A New Chapter

As of today I am completely done with my undergraduate career. I have given my final presentation and turned in my last portfolio. There was a loud cheer (and scolding) as all the Spring 2011 interns gave away their portfolios. Yesterday was the final day of my internship and it was bittersweet. As much as I have loved being there, I'm definitely ready for a break. Working full time at an internship, part-time at a job, and going to class two days a week can get to a person. I'm thankful it has come to an end. It was nice to see everyone today and talk about our internships and future plans. Some have acquired jobs though their internships, some are going to graduate school, and other still do not know what they want to do; however, we were all thankful we had the opportunity to do an internship to get a taste of the "real world".

After our internship meeting I had the opportunity to get lunch with some wonderful ladies (and man) and just talk. It was great to catch up because two of the girls were interning in Atlanta. It was also very encouraging at a time when things are so uncertain with graduation only 8 days away.

 Casey, Jackie, me, Rebekah

After lunch I was blessed to get to spend time with two more friends and head to Macon to search for a graduation dress. It was much needed stress relief after a semester of interning and going to class.

Overall it has been a very wonderful day filled with blessings. I have wonderful friends, I'm about to graduate, and I'm going back to school. I'd say I'm one lucky girl.

“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” – Romans 8:28

--b

No comments:

Post a Comment