So it's been well over a month since my last post. Guess I should catch everyone up. The Saturday after my last post I found out a friend's son passed away on Thursday. We actually talked about this on Friday, but it never crossed my mind that it could have been Hunter. I met Hunter and his family when Kyle and I began dating. His dad owned the off-road park River Rock, which has since closed down because they are building their new home out there. Hunter went off the road after school, hit a driveway culvert and flew 65 feet into a pine tree. This was on the road his family must travel to get to and from their new house. He was 18 and set to graduate a few weeks later. It was not easy sitting through his funeral, but the love and support that was shown amazed me. I know Milledgeville is much larger than where I come from, but the town still comes together in a time of need. Now, fast-forward to earlier this week when I was at work. It was Thursday and that morning on facebook I saw posts of "Keep the Renfroes in your prayers", I figured it was just more thoughts for Hunter; however, that afternoon at work I found out that the cabin they had been staying in while building their house caught on fire and burned to the ground. Everything the had was in the cabin, including all the pictures of their two girls and Hunter. It also got Hunter's dog and Mr. Steve's dog Buddy. I read a post last night from a member of Kyle's off-road club saying he had talked to Steve and that they did not want any help. He quoted Mr. Steve:
"This world is so full of love. You don't see it everyday, but we have been showered with it. We don't need one thing. This community really comes out to help others, and now I am going to help any family whose house burns who may not be in as good a position as we are. I'll know what they are going through."
Mr. Steve and his family are so sweet and have gone through so much in the last two months. Please just keep this wonderful family in your thoughts and prayers as the weeks go on that they will finish their new house and be provided for during this time.
On a lighter note, I finally graduated from college. It was a very exciting day! My family and a few friends joined me to celebrate. We had a delicious cookout prepared by my sweet boyfriend.
So happy! Four long years!
Such a wonderful cook
Other than that it's just been trying to work, take an online class during May and now June-July and maintain a social life.
Kyle and I did have the opportunity to go to Panama City and Lake Oconee with his friend Drew. We had a wonderful time and it was definitely a much needed break after a semester of interning. Here are just a few of my favorite pictures!
Kyle and Drew stayed up to capture the sunrise!
I was sleeping through this, Mom says I'm going to sleep my life away!
When I woke up this was all that was left
Two of my favorite boys!
And finally today I had the opportunity to hangout with my friends Alyssa and Heather. We put Heather's kayak in the lake, and I decided I wanted to take Bailey with me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment